Monday, October 25, 2010

Horror: Like or Dislike

Horror was never something I enjoy. As a child, my parents didn’t allow us to watch them until we were older. My siblings are fans of horror, but I’ve always been the one afraid of them. I would always have nightmares and be terrified to go anywhere dark. Growing up, my parents watched them on a cold, rainy night after my siblings and I were asleep. They would have the lights off, a big bowl of popcorn, and watch the screen. It was hard for me to sleep a night. When they were watching horror movies, I would hear the main character screaming. When I was younger, I always thought the screaming was an actual person in my house. I pulled the covers over my head and hide.
I don’t find horror movies that bad now a days. I still can’t watch scenes with too much blood and someone killing their victim. It was surprising to me that I was able to watch The Silence of the Lambs. My parents had that movie since it first came out and I was never able to watch it because I was scared. I was proud of myself that I was able to watch Hannibal Lector‘s escape. If I slowly watch more and more horror movies, I would be able to be able to stand them. Hopefully my goal would be able to watch them and not be scared. It was a good thing we watched Psycho first because for me it eased me into watching horror. Also, it was good watching Psycho first because it introduced modern ideas for horror today.

No comments:

Post a Comment